It's hard for me to think of ten things that nobody knows about me, but here it goes.
1) I have developed a thing about heights. I used to climb trees, swing high, jump off of cliffs, and stand on the top step of a tall ladder that says "don't stand on this top step" without batting an eye. Now when I go to stand on step ladders like at work or even at Jacque's apartment I get this feeling of vertigo. It's weird.
2) I've never been dumped. I've never had a guy say to me, Devon this isn't working out. No one has called me on the phone and said, "We need to talk". I am still waiting for a guy who gets sick of me before I get sick of him. I guess I think that is a vital part of searching for the guy who I will never get sick of - and he will never get sick of me. Thinking about this topic has made me realize that I can be a not nice person. Man, I'm depressed.
3) It's almost impossible for me to memorize music. I have been playing Peruna for 4.5 years now and I still get lost and can't remember what notes to play. And that is the one song I know the best.
4) I actually don't hate small children either. I just work with them a lot! Which is more than many people who claim they hate small children can say. I just get sick of them, but I do like them. They amuse me.
5) I like junior high and high school age kids too. They really amuse me. The drama and the attitude that surrounds their lives is like live entertainment and I can see myself teaching high school kids in 10 years.
6) I have always wanted to go to Ireland, Australia, and Egypt. Someone take me with you!
7) I have a half-brother, my dad's son from his first marriage, that I met when I was a toddler. I think he goes to law school in New York. Although he might have graduated already.
8) My parents have made every major decision for me in my entire life, save a small few. My dad made me get my lifeguard certification when I was 16 which led to me working at El Tesoro. My mother picked ALL of my classes from the time I started Junior High. If I had had any choice in the matter I would never have come to SMU. The only reason I got to apply to UT, was because my mother didn't think I would get accepted to SMU. I wanted to go to UT and room with Ann. I can't imagine how different my life would be if that had happened. The only decisions that I have made are the things they don't know about, like drugs (Just Say No!), drinking (In moderation), and some of the people in my life (Try to make good choices). It's pathetic.
9) I write poetry. No, I'm kidding. I really, really enjoy playing the clarinet. Not competing or playing for others to enjoy...I really just like practicing and playing music that I like. I truly enjoy it. It actually makes me happy.
10) I have had a major crush on John Cusack since I saw him the Journey of Natty Gann when I was 7. Not in a stalker, I have a shrine of him in my room and I check his website every day - does he have a website? - kind of way, but in a I really like his movies and the way he acts kind of way. Don't judge me. I only own 4 of the movies he's been in. Get off my back.

No comments:
Post a Comment