Monday, December 20, 2004

Tiiiiiiiiime, is on my side. Yes, it is.

I can't believe it's been three-ish weeks since I have been online. It's madness. I will now try to update this blog with everything that has happened. But I'm going to post them with the date they occured, so as not to confuse myself. Here we go. I'll start with the weekend of December 17-19th. Jacque, Austen and I went down to Huntsville, Hunstville? I don't know, we went to some city south of here to take pictures at a graduation. Jacque gets called by Flash Photography in Ft. Worth, where she used to work all the time, when they need extra help and Jacque calls us. So off we went. We left Friday evening and drove down there. We got there late and checked into our motel room. I can't really say a lot about the motel. The trip down was good - I had shotgun, Austen slept in the back. We didn't talk as much as we did on the last road trip as I recall, but we listened to a more diverse selection of music. A little Dixie Chicks, a little Metalica, the Top Gun Soundtrack. Lovely.

We got up at the butt-crack of dawn and worked two ceremonies. Jacque and I took pictures and Austen filmed the ceremony. It was very high paced and kind of stressful, because Jacque's boss was there and he is very particular. That's never good. We finished around 4:30pm. Part of the deal to get Austen to come with us for this weekend of fun was that we go to College Station Saturday night for his friend's party. It wasn't enough to get paid, he wanted a party too. Anyway, so we headed on over. I don't remember anyone's name, but it was one interesting party.

The guy that lived in the apartment we stayed at had a two bedroom by himself, so Jacque and I claimed the guest bedroom and Austen got the couch. His friends cooked burgers, Jacque and I made queso and we drank. There was one guy that was from Canadia and he entertained Jacque and me with his travel tales. Then this other guy came over and they played this game where they used beer bottle tops to try and knock bottle tops off of bottles. As the inappropriate beverages flowed, they began doing shtick. They were talking about "the league" and "women's rules" and were sort of entertaining at first, but quickly became annoying. So Jacque and I switched to playing three-man. Except we needed dice. So Austen and I walked over to some grocery store across the street. One of the funniest store trips. Austen guided me through the store like I was a small child and not the sober half of this two-some. But he bought the dice and the cough drops I so desperately needed to make it through the evening. Yay Austen!!

Then we went back to the apartment Jacque and I taught Austen how to play three-man. I mean, how to get schooled at three-man. He was already so far gone. For some reason he thought that drinking 100 proof mint-flavored inappropriate on the rocks was a really good idea. There was some Austen/Joe wrestling that was uncalled for, but all in all it was a successful party. We woke up late the next morning and headed back to Bedford. Good times. Then we rested up for Sunday night fun, because Erin came home and we went to see a movie. Then I had to go back to Dallas, because I had to go to work on Monday. Woot!

No comments: