Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Nightmare

So, I've been sick since Sunday. I've been taking the Clariten-D, the NyQuill, and sometimes the DayQuill; but I haven't been feeling any better. I decided the NyQuill should be cut off because of the Nytmare that I had Monday night. I fell asleep on the couch watching tv and when Sean came home around 2:00am, I woke up. I realized that I had fallen asleep on the couch, which I HATE! and quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth, and ran to my bed.

I love my bed, so comfortable...focus Devon.

I quickly fell asleep and started having this dream. Erin and I were in an indoor swimming pool, swimming for some reason. It was like the lap pool connected to "the Q" and it had some glass doors that led to whatever was connected to the building. As we swam, the pool became more like an indoor lake. The water was dirty and murky and you couldn't see the bottom. Suddenly Erin and I stumble upon a simple wooden coffin in the shallow part of the "pool". The coffin sort of raised almost to the surface and the lid is off and we see a decomposed pile of bones, etc. with a shiny gold watch around the wrist. Unfazed, I calmly explain to Erin that people like to dig up coffins and take the valuables, not unlike grave robbers in Egypt. This doesn't explain why there is a coffin in this in-door pool, why we are stilling swimming in it, or why the coffin just rose to the surface.

All of a sudden these coffins start popping up out of the water, falling apart to reveal watches and jewelry, not to mention dead people. I'm okay, Erin's okay, we're still swimming around in the pool. Then this larger coffin pops up with a knight's chest armor covering two bodies - a man and a woman. The armor has a carving of a heart on it. The woman is laying on top of the man, his hands are holding her hands and her hands are on her stomach.

As I am looking at the two bodies, I realize, they are slowly becoming less decomposed. Like the mummy was in, well, "The Mummy". Then I realize that the woman's eyes are open and she's looking around. Then for some reason I decide to lift the armor up. As I lift the armor, the man and woman separate and they both stand up. I'm freaking out, because that's not right. I am sure I appear frightened, because the man and woman are looking at me funny. Then the man is like, "There's nothing wrong, don't try to leave." Ahhhhhh!

To which I replied, "I need go because, I've been at this pool for about three hours and you haven't breathed yet."

Then the man took a deep breath in and exhaled a bunch of water. I lunge for the side of the pool. The bodies are chasing us. Erin makes it out, I make it to the door, go outside, turn around, and close the door in time to see the woman's hand reaching through the door as if there was no pane of glass. Ahhhhh!!!!

Then I woke up. I was terrified. I don't remember a time that I was this scared of a bad dream or remember it so vividly. The time was 3:30am. It took me forever to go back to sleep. On Tuesday I tried to figure out what could possibly have happened on Monday for me to have this crazy dream. No mummies, no death, no graves, no dead people. It's madness.

Please, analyze my dream and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

frank said...

My interpretation.

Stop taking Nyquil with a tequila chaser!