I miss Erin soooo much. I read her live journal and talk to her occasionally when I am on-line...it makes me soooo sad. Today she goes, I think I'm going to sleep at my desk. I'm not in my room, so it's not really my desk. I wish I could go to my room and take nap.
In the Air Force Academy, you can't nap or lay down during certain times, like during daylight hours, and then some evening hours too. I shit you not. No naps. She wakes up at 5am and doesn't go to sleep until 11pm. The same day that I wrote about wanting to be in Bedford or at camp, she wrote about wanting to be somewhere else too. Here's an excerpt:
I want hot cocoa, with marshmallows. I want to swing on a tire swing. I want to drive home on a closed weekend all alone listening to country. Do you ever wonder why your mind chooses your most vivid memories? I want to drive to Dallas at midnight with Jeff. I want to cuddle up in my orange t-shirt material sheets and scooby doo comforter and explain to Rachel once again why my bed is the best bed in the entire world. I want to be in awe of Jenny, flustered by Jeff, attempt to understand Hadley, and be hugged by Vilbig. I want to be suspiciously eyed by every RA, and awkwardly sit through a wing meeting, totally positive that everyone is staring at me. I want to go back to Valentine's Day last year, with my car in front of McConnell stock full of people on top of my scooby doo comforter, drive to Dallas, play in the snow with Devon's drunk friends, and study for a physics test.
It's the most depressing thing I've ever heard. She is unhappy and there is nothing I can do about it. I will tell anyone that asks, I surround myself with cool people and I don't put up with shit. Erin is like me so much and she is one of the coolest people I know. I don't know how she is making it in the Air Force Academy. And since Erin had this on her journal and I told her I would put it on mine, here is a nice little survey with my comments for my sister. Feel free to comment on me. Got enough to read now, Frnak??
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it. D.J. - Devon Junior, from camp.
2. Am I loveable? Yes.
3. How long have you known me? I remember the day Lynn brought you home.
4. When and how did we first meet? Well, you were born...
5. What was your first impression? You were in a Christmas stocking, because they brought you home on Christmas day, I thought you were small.
6. Do you still think that way about me now? No, you're much taller now.
7. What do you think my weakness is? Arguing with people.
8. Do you think I'll get married? Yeah.
9. What makes me happy? Your friends, your jersey sheets and a bath.
10. What makes me sad? Conflict, lack of communication, and i forget the third one.
11. What reminds you of me? the color orange, scooby doo, and camp, especially that time we went canoeing...
12. If you could give me anything what would it be? happiness
13. How well do you know me? soooo well.
14. When's the last time you saw me? Parents' weekend.
15. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't? No.
16. Do you think I could kill someone? you do have a large gun in your room...
17. Describe me in one word. brilliant.
18. Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same? stronger
19. Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen? yep.
20. Are you going to put this on your online journal and see what I say about you? done.

No comments:
Post a Comment