I've been feeling very anti-social today, I turned off my cell instead of charging it in my car on my way to work, like I normally do. I actually got like 9 hours of sleep last night, but I still waited until 8:40am to crawl out of bed and run around looking for something suitable to wear to class (read something that doesn't smell bad). I made it to class a little late, but I HAD to buy a coke in the machine. I would have been less late, but I accidentally pushed the button for Diet Coke. I was upset, obviously! I found out the reason my professor canceled class on Monday had nothing to do with the previous day's flood, but the fact that he was offered a little trip to Japan to be a key note speaker at this Memory symposium thing, all expenses paid, if you please. I thought his propensity for whoring himself out to interviews and the like would mean that he had interesting things to say and would be up to date and relevant with his information, but it may mean that he will be canceling more classes. I'm good either way.
After class I HAD to take a shower, washed my hair with the fancy shampoo for the first time in a while and my hair has felt really freaking soft - all day long. But I forgot to put on make-up because I was late for work, so I felt ugly all day long. What does that say about my self-esteem? I took a coke to work, so I wouldn't have to stop in at trendy Starbucks and stand in line with all the pretty people with make-up on. I love coke. Today, I swear, is my last day. I have been way freaked out and I have been drinking a ridiculous amount in the last four days, but today is the final straw! I know I've had 6 cans of coke today. Yeesh. Must do pilates in the morning.
At work, my boss left for a lunch thing and there was this huge drama in the office on the other side of the hall. An anonymous insurance company had it's door open and I hear one guy yell, "I'm sick of the way you f#$%ing treat me, I'm outta hear!" Then I hear stomping down the stairs. It was really awkward and scary. He sounded very angry. That one sentence violates two of the four "C fears": conflict and confrontation. Can't handle those. Commitment and lack of communication are the other two. Why can't we all just get along?

No comments:
Post a Comment