Monday, April 18, 2005

Fantastic Grilling Extravaganza!

So on Monday I didn't want to do my English reading and I also didn't want to work on any of the 4 papers/projects I have due soon, so I called Jacque to hang out. We went to Mi Cocina in Highland Park Village. It's fun because I am amused by watching neauvue riche in their semi-natural habitat. Then we went back to the condo, because Jacque felt that we haven't been giving the condo enough attention since she moved to Dallas. Which is true. I need to have some parties soon.

Newsflash: I have two finals on the last final day, saturday, May 7th, so that evening after I sell all my books, I will be having a big blowout, so all four of you that read this kick-butt blog are invited to the condo. I will have fun beverages and mixers, but no gross inappropriate beverages. And by gross inappropriate beverages, I am referring to ALL inappropriate beverages, so you'll have to bring your own. That is all.

So then Jacque decides that she wants to buy a grill. So after a few home improvement websites we head over to Home Depot to get what looks like a kick-ass grill - hey it's on sale! When we get there we quickly realize that the grill we are looking for is not on the floor in the general area we are staring at, so we ask one of the delightful Home Depot employees for help. He was tall, blonde, had sort of a Zach Morris hair cut with so much gell his hair was almost white. He had an earring in his left ear and a pink polo shirt. I imagined that he was mocked by his co-workers, but I saw no evidence of this, unfortunately. He showed us some comparable grills, Jacque wants a gas one, and she decides on the one in the box on the very top shelf. So our helpful HD employee goes off to find some way to get it down. I am counting the minutes for heavy machinery. But he never returns. So we sit down and wait in the lawn furniture section. I lied, because eventually he returned with little friends and heavy machinery! Whoopie! They got the grill down with large beeping noises and another guy carries the big box over to the check-out counter. In the mean time, Jacque and I are discussing how we will get this large box back to her apartment. Jacque is sure that it will fit in the backseat, but I am sure that it will not. In fact I doubt it will fit in my impressively large trunk. So the guy carries the box to the car and ... I'm right, I'm right, I'm always right. Well, that's the song I sang in my head while the guy had to tie Jacque's grill to the back of my car. Jacque is now disillusioned with my car, but I don't care. I love you my little white Camry that doesn't smell like diesel fuel and starts no matter what the weather and has remote keyless entry and automatic locks. I love you.

That sounds like a great ending to a blog entry, but that is not the end of my tale.

Saturday Jacque and I struggled over the vegtable section trying to figure out what to grill and stared at the seasoning aisle until we called Austen and Mike who told us that they were just using salt and pepper and that we shouldn't ruin the steaks with other crap. But then Mike added that he marinated the steaks in mayonnaise. haha. Because Jacque hates mayonnaise. And she was sincerely upset ... because Jacque is gullible. But they didn't, of course, because that would truly be gross. With our mad grilling skillz, we created excellent food, the steaks were a little over cooked for the guys' taste, but just fine for me, cause I can't handle the blood or the pink...I realize that that's not how you are supposed to cook a filet, but I don't care. I prefer my red meat burnt to a crisp. It's just the way I am. The evening was spent watching tv and, for me at least, watching Austen and Mike tease Jacque to no end and threatening to leave inappropriate messages for her neighbors.

Heh.

Ahem.

Anyway, eventually I began to fall asleep and left Jacque's around 1amish...I'm not sure, I was so tired. P.S. We had some really great wine, and then I helped myself to Jacque's inappropriate beverages and coke offerings. Haven't had a that since, like, sophomore year. Wow! It took me back. I remember the time when I couldn't drink a coke near the band without smelling phantom inappropriate beverages.

Leave me alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are...