Monday, October 18, 2004

First Blog Entry

Today, I have felt a little off all day. There wasn't the usual witty reparte with my co-worker and stealth revolutionary - Evan. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with him, but today - it was excruciating. I forgot that my class didn't start today, it starts next Monday. So I went to the law school office to work for a little. When I finished instead of doing all of the tons of homework I have due tomorrow at 9:30am, I have been vegitating in front of the television, only breaking to START A BLOG!
I am feeling ancy, as if my adrenaline has been turned on high for no reason at all. When I feel like this at my parents' house in Bedford, or during the summer while I'm at camp, there are places I can walk and be alone - to clear my mind. A brain-erasing meandering if you will. But here, there's people everywhere, and if I still feel like walking at 2:00am, I might get mugged. It's not a satisfying feeling. I'm going to walk, then go to the library and do some homework until 2:00am, but then I'll drive my car back to the condo. It's only safe that way. I wish for a path in the middle of the woods that I know like the back of my hand - so well that I don't need a flashlight even in the darkest spots on the trail or as I pass the "haunted cabin". I yern for this familiarity and safety. Or the bike trail in Bedford...where if I walk far enough I'll make it Jacque's parents' house. Where I could go 4 miles in either direction and I would only see a handful of cars. Sean has returned from Theta Tau and I need to get off his computer. But my silent protest to removing myself from his room has prompted him to plug in the router so that my computer will have internet as well. A wise choice, considering I have been paying for it for several months now.
I suppose I should comment that my Child Development professor said that as a teacher, I will not be able to require my students to journal everyday without journaling myself. And this girl was like, "You can do it online!" And the professor was all "Then do it online!" And the girl was like "It's called a BLOG!" Therefore I am journaling. Or blogging I suppose.

1 comment:

frank said...

I'm sure between Jason and I, we can get you a better profile pic than that!