Sunday, December 16, 2007

Life happens

So my parents accepted a contract on their house, they will close in the middle of January and my mother should be moving into the condo about 5 days after they close.

Yeah.

My father has actually accepted a new job and will be working in New Orleans, or somewhere very near there, starting January 3rd.

Yup.

Father keeps insisting that the trailer park near the school has several for sale. Opportunity he says. Senility, I say. He thinks he's funny, but he's not. Where will I live, you ask? Perhaps an apartment near school. Or in the condo with the mother and the brother. Who knows!?!?

That horrible ice storm in Tulsa resulted in my grandmother freezing for two days and breaking her hand. She is currently residing in B-town (yes, I called it B-town, but for effect, not for real), and will be going back to the doctor on Monday. Yes, party at the parents' house. Someday, when her hand is better, surgery or no, she will return to Tulsa when the city has power again. Andi!! I hope you're okay, you didn't answer my phone call!!

So...

Mother will not be going skiing with the rest of the gang, she will be hanging with the cool kids in Texas while I finish my last week of school. Hopefully, she will be able to make it up there for Erin's birthday.

I have volunteered to work for free books on Monday and Tuesday after school. And to bring Tamale Pie for lunch on Wednesday. I need to get Christmas, I mean Winter Holiday, gifts for everybody I know, mail New Year's Eve invitations, and buy shoes because I must go to that Military Ball thing on Saturday. And I have to enter my grades for the progress reports by Wednesday. This is really more of a list for me to remember, not part of the blog at all... Just ignore that last paragraph.

Father and I are attempting eggnog creme brulee again. Oh, it's going to be good. Five more days of school. Five more days. So exciting. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Jason said...

Devon!

I have not seen you in approximately 1,000,000 years. Is this what happens when we become employed? We forget about the little people?

Or more accurately, we focus on the little people (that we now teach) and forget about awkward friends back in Dallas?

Sorrow and woe!

amber o said...

Devon! Just found your blog! It looks like you've abandoned it! have you? write more please! and soon !