I thought Saturday would be uneventful and I would have plenty of time to address envelopes, but Jacque called! Austen was having boys over to watch the A&M game and she wanted to get the girls together to do something. Done! Kristen had to spend quality time with her mother in law, but Lydia and I were at Jacque's house by 6:45pm.
We went to the DSW in Southlake to look at shoes. So many cute shoes in my size! So little money! There are a pair of black, patent leather, peep-toe, wedges by Rampage that I wandered around the discount area in for ten minutes. And they were like $28. And they were so comfortable. Some day I will go back to that shoe mecca and purchase four pairs of fun. I was looking for pink shoes to wear with my bridesmaid dress, but the best I could come up with are a pair of pink flats that are quilted with heart shapes, with a pink bow on top ... I seriously thought about it, but I think I want taller shoes.
After that we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Had a crappy margarita and the delightful baha chicken tacos. Lydia made awkward comments to the waiter... Boo. Oh and we saw Katie S. and her husband. She is soo pregnant. She said she was due really soon. Why do people keep reproducing. Jacque and Lydia had a long conversation about how it was their main goal in life to have kids and be mothers.
Then we went back to Jacque's. Most of Austen's boys were still there, so we chatted a little and put of the fake Christmas tree that Jacque had purchased Saturday afternoon. She is so cute, buying stuff for her and Austen's house. Jason A. finally busted out the gummy fingers that they passed out at her office and several boys tried them. They were really descriptive as to disgusting flavor. They were really gross looking. Not mention that they are gummy. Gross.
That boy that only talks to me when I ignore him was texting me throughout evening. Then he called me as I was walking out of Jacque's house. By the time I got to the highway he had said, if I was nearby he would invite me over, but ... And I told him I was nearby, actually. Then I asked if he was asking me over. And he said maybe. I mentioned that was the best invitation ever! and said I wouldn't mind going over to his place to watch a movie.
Mistake. We saw "Blue Velvet". Neither of us had seen it before, so the full frontal nudity and S&M theme made us uncomfortable. Or maybe just me, but it was awkward. I got up to leave when the movie was over and couldn't get the door unlocked. He made a reeeally awkward joke about planning it. And then I got the door open and said good night.
I had the weirdest dream after that. Something about killers in the high school and being trapped in the locker room. Yikes! I think it was a combination of "Blue Velvet" and the episode of "Ghost Whisperer" I saw on Friday.
So, if you haven't seen "Blue Velvet", don't. Have a safe Sunday night, kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment